Have you heard of brookies? People in general love to make new words out of 2 existing words and Brookies are a delicious combination of 2 of the most popular munchies known to mankind: Brownies+Cookies=Brookies.. Now that’s an equation nobody will forget. These brookies in particular are absolutely divine! Crunchy yet chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie on top of a layer of Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownie, all this topped with Nutella and drizzled with Dulce de leche- A mat(c)h made in heaven.. Read that sentence again, and tell me you are not drooling.. I dare you!
Once you bake and frost the brookie, make sure you chill it well. That way, the nutella would have set and also, you will be able to get perfect slices when you cut it. As I already mentioned I didn’t have enough time the day I baked these, so you can see my slices are neither neat nor perfect. So if you have time, do chill it for atleast 1-2 hours before slicing. But serve at room temperature 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie
Things you will need :
- Add the Sugar and Butter in a large bowl and combine together using a wire whisk.
- Add cocoa powder and whisk until it’s incorporated.
- Add the eggs & vanilla extract and whisk until everything is combined well.
- Add the flour & salt. Fold it in using a rubber spatula, only until all the flour disappears into the batter. I know the temptation is irresistible to overmix, but do not- for a fudgy Brownie it’s best to fiddle as little as possible with the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Pop the pan into the freezer until you make the cookie dough.
- Add the butter and all the sugars into the bowl of your stand mixer or into a large bowl, if using an electric beater.
- Beat on medium – high speed for about 3-4 mins until the mixture becomes creamy, pale and fluffy.
- Add cream & vanilla extract and beat just until incorporated.
- Add both the flours and powdered almonds and beat just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold it in using a rubber spatula.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and spread the cookie dough evenly on top of the Brownie layer. Smooth it out gently.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins until the cookie layer is golden brown and a knife inserted in the centre comes out relatively clean. ( The cookie layer may look underdone in spite of the color but don’t overbake it, it will set on cooling)
- cool the pan on a wire rack. When completely cool, spread the Nutella on top of the cookie and smooth it out.
- Pipe or drizzle the dulce de leche or caramel sauce on top of the nutella.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Take it out of the pan and slice into even pieces.